SOAR is a school readiness program for pre-k children and an enrichment program for elementary students. Recognizing that each child grows at his or her own pace, our tutors use games, literature, puzzles and other highly interactive activities to nurture appropriate academic, critical thinking, fine motor, and social skills. SOAR is a program developed over many years in consultation with experts in preschool and elementary school education.
● enhances language and literacy development
● sharpens problem-solving and critical thinking skills
● reinforces fine motor skills
● nurtures social and emotional regulation skills
● increases confidence working with adults one on one
● provides suggestions to parents that support development at home
● IS FUN – we use games and play to accomplish our goals
A Word About the WPPSI and WISC
We do not prepare children for school admissions tests such as the WPPSI or WISC. At the request of the private schools in Houston and to respect the integrity of these exams, we do not use any materials that resemble the format or appearance of any of their sub-tests. Science informs us that educationally rich environments in the early years are critically important for optimizing later outcomes. Our goal is to provide educationally rich environments and stimulation so that children can thrive in elementary school and later in life.